19 Dec 2012
in Food Pr0n, Geek, Movies
Tags: Art, Bilbo, Cupcakes, Geekiness, Hobbit, Sweet
Adorable cupcakes featuring characters from the awesome movie, The Hobbit? Yes, please!
This can’t get more adorable if it tried.
This adorable post was shared with me this morning over Twitter and I immediately wanted them. Not to eat, just to stare at! When you combine my geeky likes with sweets, and make it beautiful as well, then you have me sold! You can see more details here.
11 Sep 2012
in Food Pr0n, Recipe Exploration
Tags: Chili, dinner, Healthy Eating, spicy, tomato, turkey
No picture this time! I ate it too fast, I’m afraid. This is really good and if you are wimp and want it less spicy, just decrease the amount of chili powder. I love all the spices that it calls for.
Name: Spicy Turkey Chili
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 30 min
Servings: 8; 9 oz is a serving
- 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper
- 2 cups water
- 1 (28 ounce) can canned crushed tomatoes
- 1 (16 ounce) can canned kidney beans – drained, rinsed, and mashed (I like them partially mashed)
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Place turkey in the pot, and cook until evenly brown. Stir in onion and green pepper, and cook until tender.
- Pour water into the pot. Mix in tomatoes, kidney beans, and garlic. Season chili powder, paprika, oregano, cayenne pepper, cumin, salt, and pepper.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 30 minutes.
- You can decrease the amount of chili powder if you want it a little less spicy
- You can either mash the beans, partially mash, or leave them whole
- Adding noodles is an awesome idea as well
Amount Per Serving Calories: 185 | Total Fat: 6.1g | Cholesterol: 42mg
01 Aug 2012
in Music, Video Games
Tags: Final Fantasy, Gaming, MMO, songs, Soundtrack
My good friend Nevik posted this link. It’s the music from Final Fantasy XI! I played this game so much and so hard. It’s bringing back so many good memories!
01 Aug 2012
in Smiley Things
Tags: Elmo, motel, Mr. Noodle, Reddit, Sesame Street
Saw this on reddit and I had to post it. It actually made me laugh out loud!
18 Jul 2012
in Health and Exercise
Tags: Excercise, Healthy, Latin, Losing Weight, My Shape Evolved
Size 18 again but I’m on a downward trend! I comfortably managed to fit into my size 18 jeans. I’m not ditching my size 20s into a box yet because I still need them for my fat days. Do guys have fat days or just girls?
The calorie counting has been going extremely well and I actually like counting everything I put into my body.
I did My Shape Evolved yesterday and I chose Latin Dance. It kicked my butt. But I was constantly moving for almost an hour so it has to count for something!
16 Jul 2012
in Video Games
Tags: Dinosaurs, flamethrowers, FPS, Gaming, Primal Carnage
I’m not typically into FPSs but this one looks pretty cool. But I really don’t understand the advantage of being the human with the flamethrower. But I like dinosaurs so there’s that The breathing of the Tyrannosaurus could get annoying however.
14 Jul 2012
Tags: Comic-Con, Television, Trailer, Walking Dead
The Comic-Con trailer for the Walking Dead Season 3 came out and it’s all manners of goodness. I recently read the comics up to a certain point and I can’t be more excited. J says it’s good that the comics and the show aren’t that much alike. That way we know we’re probably in for some surprises